Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Comparison on Planned on Actual

3 replies [Last post]
Vijayendra Surve
User offline. Last seen 10 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anyone plz help me excat method for comparison between Planned & Actual resouces in Graphical & tabular form..in P3 & P6 as well

Replies

Ife Olyke
User offline. Last seen 9 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
... you could use Report Writer in P3 to set up a tabular report that will show cumulative planned & actual, and period planned & actual hrs etc...

Cheers,
If
Larry Rino
User offline. Last seen 50 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
VS,
So far all official project reports that I am aware of, particularly the "Planned & Actual resouces in Graphical & tabular form" are prepared mostly by using MsExcel software.
P3/P6 is the best for various Schedule Reports (e.g. baseline vs. actual) in bar charts, but not resource graphs, s-curve, etc.
Lately more graphics reporting softwares being sold like Primavera Chart, Milestones,, etc. that you can buy and use,
Good day,

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
P3/P6 graphical presentation is not that good, what i mean is in terms of Progress curves/charts. Most planners that I have seen or work with use excel as a graphical presentation. First you need a fully resource loaded programme to achieved a true picture or comparison between your actual against your plan. Once you have this, you can extract weekly or monthly output and you can use a spreadsheet (excel)to create your plan progress curve and then you can track your actuals and input it manually.

P3 is very good in comparing actual against plan in the form of a bar chart (target vs current programme). To achieved this you need to define a target (your baseline) in P3 (go to Tools, Utilities and then target) and then format your bar chart and add target 1 (format bar, add target 1, define position as 2). After doing this, you should have 2 bars for each activity, your baseline activity (plan) and your current activity (actuals updated)

If you have anymore queries, let me know.

Cheers mate,
Daniel