Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 - Version 8.1 - Calendar Assignment Issue

5 replies [Last post]
Mahavir Bhatt
User offline. Last seen 11 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Good Day All,

In Primavera P6 Version 8.1 I have developed a construction calendar that uses 10 hours work shifts. When I allocate this calendar to an activity with original duration of 5 days it changes the finish date of this activity to show completion of this activity on 4th day and not the 5th day as should be the case. Does anyone know the reason why Primavera computes the finish date that is ending at the end of 4th day but not the 5th? I am in a rush to complete my baseline so any help in solving this riddle is highly appreciated. My email address is: CostControl@live.com.

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.

Mahavir Bhatt

Replies

Mahavir Bhatt

Thank you Abilash, & Raymund,

I have found the answer to this puzzle. The trick lies in customizing the Time Period to match with the Hours / Work Shift. Thanks again for your help. Regards, Mahavir

Mahavir Bhatt

Thank you Abilash, & Raymund,

I have found the answer to this puzzle. The trick lies in customizing the Time Period to match with the Hours / Work Shift. Thanks again for your help. Regards, Mahavir

Abilash Palakkada...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Pls check your clander assigment with activity and resource
Abilash Palakkada...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Pls check your clander assigment with activity and resource
Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Check your Time Period.