Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 8.1 randomly not responding

2 replies [Last post]
Keyel Isorena
User offline. Last seen 2 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

Hi guys,

I am using the 8.1 version of P6 and recently it is randomly not responding. Does this version has a hotfix or service pack? I don't seem to find one. I do not know the reason why it is randomly not responding. I have tried repairing the installation (via windows control panel) but the problem still occurs. I am using Oracle 10g express edition as the data base.

If any of you guys have dealt with this kind of problem, please share your solution or if you know the hotfix or service pack for this version please share the link.

Regards,

Keyel

Replies

Frank van buel
User offline. Last seen 9 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Gents,

McAfee is uninstalled but the problem stays.

Moving the mouse pointer through the menu is already enough to block the whole program.

Frank van buel
User offline. Last seen 9 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

gents,

Were using p6 version 8.3.2 and we have the same problem.

After using the toolbar menu - the program says (Not Responding)

not_responding.png

Our IT thinks that the program has a conflict with Mcafee firewall , but its still a gues, because the problem is not solved at this very moment. Iàm also searching for the right solution.

Hope someone can inform me,

Thanks in advance,

Frank