Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

In Primavera P6, how to get Numeric Dates in Timescale Setting Week/Day1

9 replies [Last post]
Zafar Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 5 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

By Default, In Primavera P6, we get Mon, Tue, Wed, Thr, etc for Timescale setting Week/Day1 (Under Option “Show Primary Dates”). How to get numeric date value in this week/day1 setting like 7,8,9, 10 of May or June, etc?

If we use Option “Show Ordinal Dates”, we get continuous days from DD = Data Date or  CD = Current Date, etc which are negative values before DD or CD. This option does not fulfill my need. Please help in this matter. Thanks in advance.

Replies

Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Zafar,

Try ordinal dates.

Best Regards,

Sunil.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Why doesnt ordinal dates fill your need what is it that you are trying to display ?

Biswaranjan Beher...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Numeric Formatting Issue, while getting monthly cost report from Primavera Version 7 to excel sheet, numeric value is coming in two cells, it should come in one cell of excel sheet.

How to resolve this problem in Primavera Version 7.0.

Biswaranjan Beher...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Can any one help me out on this issue, while getting monthly cost report from Primavera Version 7 to excel sheet, numeric value is coming in two cells, it should be coming in one cell of excel sheet.

How to resolve this problem in Primavera Version 7.0.

Berker Colakoglu
User offline. Last seen 2 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Sorry i misunderstood, couldn't find a way for it.

Geoffrey Narlee
User offline. Last seen 10 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Berker,

This "ordinal" selection makes the day numbers run past the number of days in a month.

Berker Colakoglu
User offline. Last seen 2 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Right Click to Timescale, select three lines format so you will be able to show both ordinal and primary dates.Select month/week from primary dates and select ordinal date interval to day.

Hope i understood you true.

Geoffrey Narlee
User offline. Last seen 10 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Raymond. I'm not following you. I also cannot get the Timescale to show the Week Of/Calendar Day.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Zafar,

Use the Day/Shift and manage the view with sight lines.