Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Error in Login - User already log on..

8 replies [Last post]
Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi to All,

I have experience some error in login to P6 as follows:

I have regularly using the P6 client from a server and suddenly one day i got an error in login saying... "The user already log in..."

What was the cause of it and How to resolve?

Thanks in advance and appreciate much the help...

Regards,

Replies

Pavan Kumar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

see page number 13 to 17 with heading "Manually Running your Background Jobs"

http://www.ronwinterconsulting.com/P6_Databases_Part_2.pdf

Arun R
User offline. Last seen 10 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

"the user is already logged in primavera." I have also experienced the same error. But that was due to the changing of computer name. Actually i changed the computer name & restarted the computer without closing the primavera which was actually opened there. After when the system opened & when I tried to log in "the user is already logged in primavera" this error was showing. First i am very confused in this problem & checked all the websites for solution. Then i remenber about this computer name changing done by me. Then i again set the computer name to old one and restarted the computer. Also i closed and started the database also. After that my primavera P6 V7 was loggined without any problem.

Hope this may help somebody in future....

Muhammad Mehmood
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Folks,

When you guys have a minute, can you please advise how cam i remove someone from the database table (USESSION)?

Thanks and Regards,

Muhammad

Peter Ayre
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

If you get this message on a local Oracle XE database (as will happen if your computer crashes), a simple solution that worked for me was to stop the database and restart it. This can be done from the Oracle folder in All Programs.

Somasundaram K
User offline. Last seen 10 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Andy,

The problem is that, you have not logged out properly from the Primavera application. Primavera stores the logged in user information in a table USESSION. So you will have to manually delete the values within USESSION table (For that specific user though). That should solve your problem.

Best

Somu

Andy Power
User offline. Last seen 3 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

If you have access to the Oracle knowledge base there are instructions that you DB administrator can use to end your locked out session and allow you to log in again.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi JORGE,

Thanks for the response.

I am suspecting that while I was log in, the server had been reset or been down. Then when I try to log on again with the same user.. the error appears.

All I did is to use another user and successfully log in.

Thank you.

Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Several causes are possible...

1.  You are already logged in on another computer.

2.  You have not properly logged off in a previous session.  In my experience, our IT has set the system to auto-kick your account when it's been in this situation for 2 hours.