Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

error - user is logged on

7 replies [Last post]
doyin mcarthur
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am using a standalone P6 v16.2 and cannot get logged on after my computer crashed.   I keep getting error message that 'user is logged on'.

Any advice on how to clear this?

Replies

Cynthia Stiffler
User offline. Last seen 2 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

I am having the same issue. Can you forward me instructions on how to fix?

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

send me your email address and I will forward detaled instructons

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline

<--Duplicate post-->

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline

Doyin,

The issue is that, due to the computer crash, the user session that was last used hasn't been closed, and therefore P6 thinks that user is still logged in. You have to be able to connect to the database and modify some of the records - in this case delete the user sesson record.

Luckily as you're using SQLite, its somewhat easy, you can use a tool like DB Browser for SQLite to view and modify SQLite data tables.

Follow these instructions on how to use the DB Browser: http://www.p6academy.com/index.php/n111-primavera-p6-with-sqlite-and-sqlite-browser/

And the Scripts you need to run to delete the user session record is shown here: https://deepinthecode.com/2018/06/29/primavera-p6-session-hung-on-oracle-database/ you can use the same commands.

doyin mcarthur
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
I am using Windows 16299 and on a SQLite as the database. There is no error code except when I logon I get username is already logged on and I cannot get in
Bian Mutang Tagal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 30 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Doyin,

Which Windows are you on (7, 8, 10)

Are you using SQL Server or SQLite as the database, if SQL Server then which version?

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

can you give the error code if there is one