Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MAX UNITS/TIME

6 replies [Last post]
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Dear,
can you please clear my doubt regarding the MAX UNITS/TIME for the resources.
for the pipe fitter the value is 60h/h.
for helper it is 10h/h.
what does it mean.
please explain me this.

thanks in advance...

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Sajith

try addding the resource again because the resource keeps the rules that were established at the time that the resource was assigned to the activity. 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Kumar

its usually X number/day or X number/hour whatever your planning unit is

its not 60h/h or 10h/h that would be 60 hours per hour or 10 hours per hour.

if setting the Max Units /Time the 60/d would mean that the resoruce could work 60 hours per day or would be a crew of 7.5 men which is 60 hours/8 hours per day. The crew size would change if the work hours were lets say 10 hours per day it woule be a crew of 6 men becasue 60 hours /10 per days  = 6 men.

Rodel explained what setting a max limit does 

sajith raj
User offline. Last seen 7 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I am having trouble while importing a modified max unit/time back to P6, it doesn't update to changed values. When I export as per othe planners advise I have exported Resource & Resource assignement. Then changed few values of max unit/time and it didn't change after importing back. Any help in this case.

Thanks 
Raj

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 9 hours 54 min ago. Offline
Kumar,
Max Unit/Time is the max limit of unit that allocated on the resource per time when assigned resource to activity. Exceeding from the set max unit/time will over allocate your resource and prevent Primavera from leveling the resource. Max unit/time can set to individual resource (single person) or group resource (gang or crew).

Ex: If normal working time is 10 hrs per day meaning 1 person = 10hrs/day
If a resource is a single person max unit/time = 10 max unit/time
If a resource is a crew/ group or gang of 5 person = 10 x 5 = 50hrs/d = 50 max unit/time
PINAN T.
User offline. Last seen 5 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
are you using P6 v 7.0?

i think its a bug resolved in SP1
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
thank you very much for your quick reply sir..