Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Total Budgeted Cost & Remaining Cost

6 replies [Last post]
Arnel Lagumbay
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
To P6 experts,

Please enlingthened me with this problem I incountered,Iv got this Cost loaded programme which was develope in P3, I imported to P6 succesfully but the problem is when i exported to excel the Cost(Budgeted & Remaining)is not distributed thru its activity full duration.Or some settings that i missed here.

I need your reply guys..thanks

Best regards,
Rnel

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 4 min ago. Offline
Ali,
That’s not always the case. It depends on your Activities Project settings whether Link budget and At Completion for not started activities is mark/tick or not with the combination of either reset original duration and units to remaining or reset remaining duration to original duration and units.
Resources is always using remaining duration spread for At Completion unit/cost and Original Duration spread for Planned unit/Cost which maybe different from remaining duration.
Ali Farhat
User offline. Last seen 13 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Arnel, everyone
I just like to add something even if ur problem is solved...distribution of a resource over the assigned to activity depends also on the resource assignment duration which is equal to the activity duration by default...
Regards
Arnel Lagumbay
Thanks Rodel...

Now its okey..i assigned linear curve and its doing fine.

Regards,
Rnel
Rodel Marasigan
Arnel,
Is the resource assign with curve? If not, check the resource planned date. It may not the same as early dates.
To check right click on Activity Detail-> Resource Tab. Select Customize Resource Column. Under Dates double click Planned Start, Planned Finish and under General double click on curve.
Remove curve if have and Planned dates should be the same are early dates.
Another cause is if it not using resource and used Expenses instead. You can change expenses distribution by changing accrual type to Uniform over activity.
Arnel Lagumbay
Hi Rodel,

Actually Im using activity usage spreadsheet(copy&paste to excel).Activity has its budgeted cost, but its not distributed to its activity duration,loading shows only at the begining of the activity duration.Im trying to generate a report out of this cost which is requirement from our client.

Thanks Rodel..

Regards,
Rnel
Rodel Marasigan
Hi Arnel,

Not really sure what do you mean not distributed in full duration. Are you using resource spreadsheet (copy & paste to excel) or export resource assignment to excel?
Please clarify more details on your problem.