Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

myPrimavera + Linux

9 replies [Last post]
Alex Gryn
User offline. Last seen 15 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi, we want to use myPrimavera on some Linux based computers. My question is: Linux isnt listed as a working OS for myPrimavera or P6 other than Timesheets. Does anyone know if the Web client will work on a Linux PC with Firefox installed?

Regards

Replies

mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
i don’t have access to myPrimavera, but from what i understood it is written in java so it is supposed to work on Linux too, i see your frustration why Linux it is not officially supported.

anyway, if myPrimavera did not work with Firefox on Linux, you can always use wine, Firefox and Internet explorer are well supported.

BTW, Primavera 6 do work on Linux using wine, at least the client part, by work i mean it launch, but unfortunately i don’t have access to oracle database( yes i know express edition is gratis, but my net connection is very low to download it)to see if it connect to the database.

all that said; P6 is a way better then P3, regarding Linux compatibility, because for P3 don’t even waste your time trying.

let only hope with the recent oracle acquisition, the situation will be better for Linux and mac user out there.

Arthur Godbeer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Irrespective of whether it is myPrimavera or Timesheets, any installation of P6 requires at least one licence that includes the Windows client program "Project Management". Amongst a lot of other things, that is the administrative tool that describes the Primavera application environment and the licensing. So it’s not just a question of which browser or database server OS is used, the installation also requires Windows.

But in any event, Primavera is subject to the same country embargo restrictions as Microsoft. (I think the relevant legislation is the U.S. Patriot Act of 2001) And neither Primavera nor its representatives may knowingly supply to any embargoed country. With some of the originally listed countries there have been some revisions, or there are some exceptions allowed. But as of about three years ago Syria was still one of the countries that had a blanket embargo. And it sounds as if that’s still the case.
Alex Gryn
arggg.. not good not good. Do you have any information regarding windows emulation on linux running myPrimavera?

Thnx for the replies.
Gordon Blair
User offline. Last seen 6 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Alex, apologies, have just read the question properly. CLIENT OS details are as you suggested, LINUX restricts them to Timesheets only.
Gordon Blair
As far as I can tell, if they’re running Oracle 9.2.0.7 or above, they "should" be able to run it over RedHat Enterprise AS 4.0.
If they’re at Oracle 10.2.0.2 or above, they also have the option of Solaris 10 and HP-UX 11i v2

All 3 of the above are English Language only, though.

Hope this helps,

Gordon
Alex Gryn
Its a US product, but connecting using the Web interface is possible ;)

The company that wants to use Primavera is one of our customers and Im trying to see whether or not they will be able to use myPrimavera on Linux. Its their only option.
Gordon Blair
Alex, enlighten me, where is Primavera from?
Alex Gryn
Thnx for the reply. What about using Wine?

Also, can u give me a reason myPrimavera didnt work in Linux with Firefox?

The reason we cant use a dual boot is due to the fact that the PCs are going to be used in Syria where there is an embargo on US products, so no Windows!
NITIN JADHAV
User offline. Last seen 14 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Alex,

No chance at all,
Don’t try......

I have already wasted my long time in that.....

Instead of this u can use dual OS

means XP or Vista with LINUX

BEST LUCK
NITIN