Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Sample Projects

7 replies [Last post]
Arend Kok
User offline. Last seen 10 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Could somebody please send me .xer files of the sample projects that installs with P6.

I would really appreciate any help with this.

Thank You,

Regards,
Arend Kok.

Replies

Ali Osama
User offline. Last seen 4 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Carey Horowitz
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Can anyone send me an xer of the default sample project for ver7.

TIA

-Carey

Arend Kok
Dieter,

Thanks for your help!

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Arend

I just checked with our installation cd. It’s there.
Insert into cd drive --> Wait a little ("Autorun") --> Install Other Tools" --> "Server Database" --> Install...
This will install a new database onto your pc and if you mark "With sample project", inclusive the example projects. You’ll need the license file for this action.

Good luck!
Dieter
Arend Kok
Dieter,

Thanks for the reply.

That was the first place I checked, because I know that is where you could do it with P3. But the option is not there for P6.1.

Now I could uninstall and reinstall. But I think it would be much simpler just to import.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Arend
Those are on your installation cd. You can install a different database with the sample projects - or let IT install - under "additional components" - or similar.
Regards
Dieter