Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Scheduled % complete v/s Activity % complete curve

4 replies [Last post]
Abhijit Suvarna
User offline. Last seen 16 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
could anyone guide me in generating a curve showing the scheduled% v/s activty complete%
regards

Replies

Abdullah Merchant
User offline. Last seen 11 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I am relatively new to planning, and I am currently working on a Project(Clients Side) where I have not loaded any resources. I am currently using MS Project 2007 adn would like to know how to get and S Curve in excell.

Also, I have notice that the baseline dates in MS Project can be chnaged from the column,unlike P6. Is this so or am i missing something here.

niles luo
User offline. Last seen 12 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
I think in this situation PM can not direct show this S curve.Maybe PM can,but I do not know.
My suggestion is
1,Create a resource named A, labor or nonlabor is ok
2,Assign resource A to every activity. The Unit use the default value is ok.
3,Then use the Resource Usage Profile, we can see the Unit Cumulative Curve of resource A. The numuber/total unit is the percent complete.
Maybe above is not a good idea, only FYI.
Abhijit Suvarna
User offline. Last seen 16 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
I want to show the S curve in PM & I have not yet assigned resources
niles luo
User offline. Last seen 12 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi:
Pls give the further information about:
1,Do you want to show the S curve in PM or the other system just like MS Excel?
2,Do you assign resources to the activities?