Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing Resources from Excel

3 replies [Last post]
Ken Barrett
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Im am attempting to import an excel spreadsheet, unfortuantly when i get to the resources it all imports correctly except the budgeted units / time. it always comes over as 1. anyone have any idea how to remedy this?

Replies

Colin Adam
User offline. Last seen 15 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Ken,
Have only heard of importing twice due to a constraint date bug in P5. I have to do this, so no it doesn’t sound goofy!!
Ken Barrett
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Colin,

After a lot of experimentation I finally figured out a way that works. Im sure that there are several ways to acomplish this taks. But it seems that to get the correct budgeted units / time (especially on supporting resources) it is nessicary to import the taskrsrc worksheet twice. sounds kind of goofy but had no problems with it.

Thanks again for your response!
Colin Adam
User offline. Last seen 15 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Ken,
Sounds like you’re importing on the wrong worksheet e.g resources as opposed to the resource assigments sheet (TASKRSRC) The columns you need are task_id , rsrc_id , target_qty and worksheet name should be TASKRSRC. Where target_qty is the number of manhours for the identified resource.
Also make sure you delete the row that has ’delete row’ at the end of it. Sounds dumb but some people say they don’t do it and it works fine. My experience is that if you don’t and you’re importing hundreds of resource assignments then you get and error.
Do this daily and it works fine.