Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Predecessor status

12 replies [Last post]
Suresh Sankaranku...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi
A good question for all..
I dont know whether you might got this scenario earlier.

Q: How can i make a report / layout showing the current activity and the predecessor activity status.

Infact, if we run the activity relation report you will get all activities relationship for the entire project. I am interested to see only the activities which is not started and the predecessor activity status. Becasue, if the predecessor activity status shows as completed, then due activiy can carryout straight.

I have no idea, if any one got any idea pls share.

Regards
Suresh

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 19 min ago. Offline
Using Primavera SureTrak I can get the reports and filters with ease. Being Suretrak a low end and outdated Primavera product this should be a walk in the park under P6.

http://rapidshare.com/files/251857683/Organize_by_Successor_or_Predecess...

Hope this give you the clue.

Rafael

Suresh Sankaranku...
Hi Suchitra
sagasuresh@yahoo.com
Regards
Suchitra Goankar
User offline. Last seen 14 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Suresh Gurubhavan,

I tried to get in touch with you through planning planet but currently private messaging is restricted on planning planet,can you please share me your email id,i would like to discuss regarding P6 with you

Regards

Suchi
Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
badddddddd
Suresh Sankaranku...
Ooops... Karim
I got kicked off from there... because i am using 3.5.1 version.. I cant export relationship... also i cant export to xls....
Suresh Sankaranku...
Hi Karim
I think its having the logic. I think i will try your method.. Thanks...
Karim Mounir
Hi Suresh,

OK I now get it but sorry as far as I know there is no automatic way to do it (neither a report nor layout export will do it at one shot).

What I manged to do is:

1- Export the schedule relationships (File - Export - Spreadsheet XLS - Activity Relationships), set a template in which u’ll be showing the predecessors data only (eg. Start / Finish / ID / Status) - sheet #1.
2- Back to your schedule, remove all the columns except Act. ID / Activity Name and add the column named Predecessors.
3- Select the schedule data (press ctrl+A) and then paste it in another excel sheet - sheet #2.
4- Now u have 2 excel files, one contains activities data and the other containing predecessors data, u can use vlookup formula in linkage between the 2 sheets (ie. search for predecessors ID from sheet #2 and gets its info from sheet #1).

Regards,
Karim
Suresh Sankaranku...
Hey
Pls try to understand what i really mean.

I want to show a schedule plan / report which shows the main activity and the predecessor activity status.

Eg:

Act.id Act.name Start Finish Predcessor Predecessor status

00100 Relagging 10/10 12/10
Box-up line In-prgss

This is what i want. I want to see the predecessor activity’s status and not the main activity status.
Suresh Sankaranku...
Hey
Pls try to understand what i really mean.

I want to show a schedule plan / report which shows the main activity and the predecessor activity status.

Eg:

Act.id Act.name Start Finish Predcessor pred.status

00100 Relagging 10/10 12/10 Box-up line In-prgss

This is what i want. I want to see the predecessor activity’s status and not the main activity status.
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Good Question Suresh...

To show the activities which haven’t started, you can give filter of

Select if Is Low Value High Value

early start WR DD DD + 2W

If u want to know the predecessaor’s status, then that you have to do it manually

:-)
Hesham Arafa
User offline. Last seen 1 year 8 weeks ago. Offline
I think you can only show up the predecessor manually.
Karim Mounir
In the report "activity relation" filter for the activites which haven’t started yet.
(ie. percent complete = 0%).