Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to GET & SET P3 4.1 release by excel

6 replies [Last post]
Özgür Kıl&#3...
User offline. Last seen 14 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi to everyone.

I am using P3 version 4.1 but I have some difficulties to GET and also SET datas to Primavera from excel. In other words I want to insert the resource assignments by using Excel (because it is easier) to Primavera 4.1. Can anyone please help me how to do that? Or does anyone knows a better way to do that (assign resorces to Primavera) in a fast way.
Thank all 4 your helps.

Replies

Özgür Kıl&#3...
Colleague Khuong;

I have tried your solution great it works it is just what I want and need. Thank you all for your kind helps.

Free

Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 16 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Free!
Yes it is possible for ver 5.0.I do not know does it work for ver4.0 but you can try.
Export your project to spreadsheet format (.xls). During export process, choose Activity and Resource Assignment checkbox. At the "template" step, select field you want to export: Buget unit, At complete unit, actual unit,...
Then you can see that field in Excel.

Thanks
Khuong
Özgür Kıl&#3...
Hi Benito;

Thanks but what about the difficult part? After I assign resources to all activities how can I fastly insert quantities of the resources. I have the resorce quantities ready in Excel. And I use both version P3 3.0 and 4.1 so how can I insert the quantities of resources form Excel to Primavera. If I can not do that in version 4.1 version 3.0 is OK for me also.

Greetings.

Free
Benito Nepomuceno
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Free,

First, in Primavera 4.1, it is not possible to import excel files. But in latest version P5 (I am using) is possible since it supports spreadsheets(xls). Second, if you want to make it easy to assign resources in any activities, open your resources then click all activities that you wanted to have the same resource/s. then click your resource/s to add to all activities. This is possible.

I hope i can help you.

cheers

benito
Özgür Kıl&#3...
Hi Khuong,
First of all thank you very much for your answer. You are right that assigning resource to multiple activities is possible and easy to do but why I want to do that from excel is to insert the resource quantities easily. As you know better than me that I have to insert quantities to all activities and that is the most time taking process. If I do that in Primavera I have to insert all resource quantities to all activities one by one. Actually what I need is an answer for, how to insert the resource quantities from Excel. Is that possible? If so it would be a great time saving for me. After I assign resources to activities right the way you told in your answer can I insert the resource quantities by using Excel.
Thank you very much for your helps.
Regard.
Free
Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 16 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Free
As I checked, we can not assign resource by export and import in Excel.
It also very easy to assign resource to multi activity. Do need to find another way to do it.
Thanks
Khuong