Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to use Claim Digger ?

15 replies [Last post]
David Moses
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,

When I click to the Claim Digger below the Tools menu it is not working.

But Project Management Reference Manual Says:

"Claim Digger ........... Claim Digger is automatically installed with the Project Management module. You can access it from the Tools menu."

Am I doing something wrong? What should be the problem?

Regards

Replies

hany esmael
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Hello, Claim Digger now konwn as Schedule Comparison in oracle Primavera P6 version 8 and above. See this article to know how to use the old claim digger and the new schedule comparison.

Source: https://planningengineer.net/claim-digger-baseline-schedule-v-s-revised-schedule-comparison-tool/

David Moses
Hi There,

Thanks to all kind replies.

Regards
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 23 hours 32 min ago. Offline
David,

Try to install Primavera Service Pack 3 and it may resolve your problem on Claim Digger and Job Services.

Regards,
Rodel
Michael Hunter
User offline. Last seen 15 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
David

You will find it under the Project Management directory of your Primavera installation. For me this is:

C:\Program Files\Primavera 50\Project Management\Schedule Comparison

I renamed this to:

C:\Program Files\Primavera 50\Project Management\Claim Digger

...and it fixed the problem. Apparently, the choice of naming for the directory depends on the "Product Key" that is used at installation. In my case using the key for Engineering and Construction did not match the expectation of the installation routine. This is odd because I have the E&C flavour of Primavera Enterprise. No doubt this will be fixed in v6 ;-)

Regards
Michael
David Moses
Dear Mr.Michael Hunter,

Could you tell me where exactly your "Schedule Comparison" directory under C: drive?

Because, I could not find such a directory under my computer’s C: drive.

I want to try your way of solving this problem.

Regards,
Michael Hunter
User offline. Last seen 15 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All

I just checked my (recent) installation and...Calim Digger does not work any more.

It appears the P3e v5.0 SP>1 installs the directory with the wrong name or the program is looking for the wrong directory name (depends on your point of view.

My directory that contains the jar file was named "Schedule Comparison" and may be a throw-back to the days of "Schedule Analyser". Either way, just rename the directory to waht the program is expecting, ie "Claim Digger" and all is fixed!

Thanks to Alex of PCS, Perth

Michael
Rodel Marasigan
I’m not sure why your claim digger does not install properly. Would you be able to give me your email and I send you the file and save it to claim digger folder and check if this will work otherwise I highly recommend to consult your product support and they may able to help you.

Cheers,
Rodel
David Moses
Hi There,

Re-installing of PM 5.0 did not solve the problem.

But I found a "Data1.zip" file under CD1.

The file you mentioned, "prm-cd.jar", is under the "Data1.zip" file.

It seems that everything is ready for installation, but it fails anyhow.

Regards
Rodel Marasigan
Hi Mr. David,

Yes! It’s strange! You should have “prm-cd.jar” executable jar file or script called by PM5 to upload claim digger. I’m suggesting re-installing the PM5 and make sure to follow all the instruction prompted during the process.

Regards,

Rodel
David Moses
Hi There,

It seems that you understand what my problem is Mr.Rodel Marasigan.

Actually when I click the claim digger button under tools menu it is trying to upload, but not succeeding.

As you reminded, I checked whether if I had a claim digger folder or not, what I saw is this,

Yes there is a claim digger folder under; C:-Program Files-Primavera5-Project Management-Claim Digger.

But there is no file or any other thing under Claim Digger folder. Strange ?

Regards
Rodel Marasigan
Sometimes it takes time to upload the claim digger. If it’s really not updloading then you might need to re-install your PM5 and that might help. Another way to check is if you have a claim digger folder under your Project Management folder.

Cheers,

Rodel
David Moses
Hi There;

There is no error message at all.

When I click the Claim Digger button under Tools Menu I see nothing.

Since claim digger has to be installed automatically, as explained in the manual, it is expected to run properly.

I could not understand this.

Regards
Rodel Marasigan
What’s the error messages when you run Claim Digger?
David Moses
Hi There,

I am using Primavera Version 5.0 already. I am sorry, I did not specify that at my first post.

But as I said I could not manage to use that.

Best Regards
stephen milburn
User offline. Last seen 7 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
Claim Digger as far as i am aware is only available with version 5 of P3e