Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Re : Reference for P3 3.1 & Primavera Project Mgt.

4 replies [Last post]
James Saldigor
User offline. Last seen 12 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Planners,

Just recently, i had a switch to Primavera Project Management from P3 3.1, At first it was very strange for me to handle since the project is going on and opportunity for study is less. Since i have used P3 3.1, i can relate to Primavera Project Management with its common terms such as Activity codes,WBS and all.

Is there any reference guide that i can relate and compare at least P3 3.1 and PM.

Like the case for example, Extension of Time, in P3 3.1, i can adjust the Finish date, File - Project overview and change the finish date from there. But in PM, it took me an hour still cannot find how to resolve the problem and i left the office with most of the bars in red.

Anybody, Please help me
Thanks

Replies

Kevin Button
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hi guys

On the documentation CD that comes with the software there is a file named P3toPrimavera_v50.pdf which should go some way to explaining the differences between the 2 programs.

Cheers

KB
Armando Moriles
User offline. Last seen 16 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hi James,

Me too, I’m still in the process of learning as part of the migration process...

James Saldigor
User offline. Last seen 12 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mr Armando,

Thanks for your kind post, I am trying to figure out how certain functions in P3 can be found and works similarly with PM, i am sure that they are both works in a similar manner though there will be one that is advance but im in the process of finding out,and of course working out,

Thanks,
Armando Moriles
User offline. Last seen 16 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Try...

Go to...

1. Projects
2. Settings (second to the last tab)
3. Critical Activities (define critical activities check total float)
4. try reschedule project again.

I hope it works.

Arman