Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Men/day in Resource Spreadsheet of P3e version

9 replies [Last post]
Ijaz Ahmad
User offline. Last seen 7 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anybody guide me how to show Men/day (budgeted units/day)in Resource spreadsheet while the time scale is Week/day?

Replies

Ijaz Ahmad
Hi Rashid,
You are right in your saying. But this is true for P3 ver 3.1, while the version which I have is P3e 3.5.1, which is not the same.
Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 17 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry about the mistake, i have used P3e/c 4.0 and 5.0 and have no clue about the version which you are using.

Regards
Rashid
Rashid Iqbal
Then it is very simple, press Shift F7 and the resource table will appear right at the bottom. Select the time scale and ’Peak’ under diplay tab of the table.

Let me know if thre is still any problem.

Regards
Rashid
Ijaz Ahmad
Thanks Rashid but I don’t have P3e/c. My version is old one (P3e 3.5.1) which does not contain "Spread Options" option.
Rashid Iqbal
Ijaz,

I think you are looking for something similar to what the ’Peak’ function of P3 did in Reoruce Table. I am also a fan of that and was very upset when it was not found in P3e/c.

Somewhat similar results can be obtained via ’Spread Options’ in ’Resource Spreadsheet’. This can be accessed by cliking on ’Display’ on rightmost window of ’Resource Spreadsheet’.

Regards
Rashid
Ijaz Ahmad
I have version 3.5.1 of P3e
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline
Which version of P3e do you have? Its listed under the help pull down
Ijaz Ahmad
In P3e there is no "Spreadsheet Options". What it has is only Spreadsheet Fields which contains only options which are predetermined and we cannot apply any formula to them. Can you please elaborate if I am still at mistake?
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline
you can divide the spreadsheet by right-clicking and chosing "Spreadsheet options" to divide the values by a constant. (intutitive or what!)

Note that this constant CANNOT be based on the hours per day that the resource works, just the number you give it, or the current hours-per day/week in the admin or user preferences. There is no equivalent of P3 3.1’s "Peak" setting