Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filtering by Activity Codes in P3e

5 replies [Last post]
Emmanuel Udo
User offline. Last seen 5 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Ladies & Gentlement,
I need to filter by Activity Codes. The schedule was prepared using User Defined Codes. However, in attempting to filter by Activity Codes (eg. by Area, Location etc) only activities appear.
Can any body out there advise on what to do?
Regards.

Emmanuel

Replies

Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Emmanuel

David is right, you need to create activity codes and values first coz the one that you have right now is only a code in the user defined field, thus when filtering only the activity descriptions apear and no band grouping your activities...

Cheers!

Christian
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline
Emmanuel

It is NOT possible to make a filter ask you for the value. When you run a filter in P3e it must have the value(s) you are looking for specifically coded in the filter - so for example a filter to select activities by the phase of a job cannot ask you "which phase" when you run the filter, you will require to create one filter per phase.

The primvera product SureTrak has this capability, and is very usefull.
Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
When I run a filter from the Activities view, I select a specific Activity code and then the system askes me to identofy the matching; for example:

Where *Activity Code* *equals/does not equal/is under* *Value*.

In this sequence I will select the specific code type as *Activity Code*, select a comparison - note that *is under* refers to the hierarchical grouping of activity codes - and the system will then display a set of *values* for the code selected. Multiple codes and values can be selected for fine tuning the selection.

What else is required?
Emmanuel Udo
User offline. Last seen 5 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Mario,
When i run thet filter I expect the filter dialogue box to display the code values/ descriptions for me to select from.
Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
If you are filtering by Activity Code, what are you actually expecting to appear? Do you actually mean filtering, or Grouping and Sorting?