Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Leveling in P3 e/c

2 replies [Last post]
Stephen Fawcett-J...
User offline. Last seen 16 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
When using the leveling tool in P3 e/c the client I work for use the "preserve schedule early and late dates" option. If we are working to leveled dates and not the early start dates surely this should be unmarked to give the true total float. I have tried both methods within the schedule and both results are very different. My question is should this be marked or unmarked ? I am trying to find out which is the correct method. I believe it should be unmarked to give the total float based on the new leveled dates. Any replies would be grateful

Cheers

Replies

Stephen Fawcett-J...
User offline. Last seen 16 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for the reply Bob, I have managed to resolve the levelling issue (I was right). But the client is insisting on using the early preserve dates, so I have to agree to disagree and get on with it

Cheers

Steve
Robert Russell
User offline. Last seen 4 years 2 days ago. Offline
Steve in this Forum on page 6 there are numerous conversations about levelling. I dont know if it will sort out your problem but its worth a look.