Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to open .prd and .mpp file to P3 e/c

3 replies [Last post]
Hazel Mendez
User offline. Last seen 13 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Guys!

I’m a beginner at using P3 e/c. I was a P3 user, but this time our client requested us to use the P3 e/c for the scheduling. They sent us .prd and .mpp file to open. I need some help on how to open the .prd and .mpp file to the P3 e/c environment. Thanks.

Replies

Alex Krenvalk
User offline. Last seen 12 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

For working out given trouble you may use microsoft project recovery. The software can work with corrupted or deleted project files and has many various possibilities which allowing to solve out almost every trouble associated with ms project troubles.

Hazel Mendez
User offline. Last seen 13 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Niek,

Thank you for replying my SOS. I have downloaded the free MPX converter from Primavera site so I could import the file to P3 e/c, but unfortunately my computer does not have Microsoft Project software. Anyway, our client decided to convert the file to P3 so we could import it to P3 e/c.
.prd as i have discovered is actually a Primavera Post Mail. If you have PRMMail.exe in your computer, you can easily open the file.It’s a P3 function that’s why I could not open it in my computer with only P3 e/c installed. .prd is sent as an email attachment so Project team can update the progress of the activities by inputting the actual dates.
Thank you for your assistance.

Hazel
Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hazel,

You can import (not open) .mpp files into P3e, please see other thread "called copy and paste" in this forum on common problems.

Hope this helps,

Niek.

P.S. The other format is unknown to me where does it come from?