Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Claim Digger

5 replies [Last post]
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
It appears that the new Claim Digger feature in Version 4.0 of P3e/c will not run if you are using the Interbase stand-alone version of P3e or P3e/c. The “fix” for this is to install the included MSDE server and convert your existing schedules. In Version 3.5, this requires quite a lot of Administrator work. I am confused as to how simple this is in the Version 4.0 release.

The bottom line is that if you are using Interbase, you can not run Claim Digger.

Ron Winter.

Replies

Martin Corkill
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
It took just over 11 hours to convert my info from interbase to msde, that was after about 3 aborted attempts that took easily 3 to 4 hours each. It’s a bit tricky, best to phone tech support.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
There are 2 documents in Primavera’s support web site.
One is about how to install MSDE and create the P3e database.
Another one is an utility that can convert the data from Interbase to MSDE.

The whole process should takes around 2 hours.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Yes, Primavera is aware of this fact. I called them myself. This is also a limitation of the Cost Manager module.

Does anyone have experiance with installing the MSDE database manager and converting the existing interbase database over to the MSDE? How difficult, time consuming, and error prone is this?

Why does Primavera automatically load Interbase if they want you to convert later?
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
The database conversion is one time only.
Also Claim Digger limitation information should be in the readme.txt or administrator guide.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Do Primavera be informed on this problem?