Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Projected Earnings

No replies
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Let me apologize upfront. I posted this in the P3 forum before I noticed the P3e forum. Also,
please forgive me if this has already been asked and answered.

I am used to seeing projected earnings based on either early dates or late dates or both. I am being told that p3e uses only "planned" dates. Is there a way to see both the early and late date curves?

Also I am being told that there seems to be a bug when a P3e user statuses his schedule. Typically, when an activity has started, the user will check the actual start box first. As soon as this is done, the system (I am told) locks in both the planned start and planned finish dates. The projected earnings curves are then based on these fixed dates, even though the schedule update and future updates may schedule the activity to occur in a different time frame. This is obviously unacceptable to show projected earnings inconsistent with the current schedule, and I can’t believe this is accepted by the industry.

Does anybody know if this is a software problem or operator error?

Thanks.