Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

As-Built Schedule

13 replies [Last post]
Adekunle Arisilejoye
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
How do you build this into your schedule.

Actual Start Mar 05-Mar 06, Work suspend Mar 7- Mar 9, work resumes Mar 10 -12, Work Suspends Mar 13-15, Work resumes MAr 16 to finish on 18.

The work suspension is perculiar only to this task. Othr tasks are going on as normal.

Cheers

Replies

Daniele Pizzo
User offline. Last seen 14 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
This could be good for total suspension periods... but usually suspension period affect just some activities, or only one.
Which attachment tool could be used in this case?

Bye
DP
Safak Vural
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
The only way is do not progress the activities and put it with attachment tools as objects. You can hatch a period of time with just one click. View--Attachment Tools. You can use PRMDRAW.EXE in the P3 directory to create many different objects or edit photos etc.

Regards,

Safak
Daniele Pizzo
I agree with you, Safak.
The problem is that you can just set one suspending period, but it often happens my activities have more suspendig periods (because of rain periods, or resource re-allocation, and so on).

How could I by-pass this restriction?
Safak Vural
Dear Planner,

If you suspend, there will be neck. If you make this days as holidays in a calendar. This also become a neck. But I recommend suspend. It also provide you to give a log about it. You can use attachment tools to attach shapes, notes to the bar chart view for your presentations.

Regards,

Safak
Daniele Pizzo
Hi Safak,
I read your reply.
Is it possible viewing in the bar-chart the work & non-work periods you get this way?
I mean... although I don’t give any progress in a period, I’ll see a continuous bar anyway. Would it be possible to get a necked bar in non-work periods?

Bye
Daniele
Safak Vural
Dear Bobo,

If you create and update as-built programme weekly (monthly if weekly information does not exist), then you can create multiple suspensions with using store period performance. The important point is that you will not need the suspension at all. Do not give any % in given period and remark the suspension dates in log and put in any view you want to use in your CLAIM (I think the reason for the study is that). The other important point that you need to update your programme at least monthly while importing old data. The reason is htah if you not the resources will be evenly distributed (depends on resource curve) along all of the duration.

Regards,

Safak
James Shimmon
User offline. Last seen 13 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
yeah you would
Adekunle Arisilejoye
the calendar option cant work. cos Im talking about 1000 activities and there are several task with such breaks but at differnt dates. Do I have to create calendars for each tasks.

Cheers
James Shimmon
User offline. Last seen 13 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Bobo
I’m not sure about multiple suspensions and whether it is possible - you could create a calendar that has the suspend dates as non-working time
Cheers

Shimmo
Adekunle Arisilejoye
Safak,

Yes I know that but how do you build in multiple suspensions. Pls explain

Cheers
Adekunle Arisilejoye
Exactly wat I tot. but how do ou do dt. Meanwhile I will try and figure it out.

Cheers
Safak Vural
You can find at

view-activity detail-dates

regards,

Safak
Safak Vural
Dear Bobo,

Please check the Dates tab and you can find the suspend and release options. YOu can add more than one suspensions to your activity.

Regards,

Safak