Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Manpower Histogram

6 replies [Last post]
Pradip MW
User offline. Last seen 15 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi All

I am using P6.
I assigned all resources for all my activities. Now I want Histogramme in excel format(the way we were doing in P3 Tools>Tabular Reports>Resource>Loading>Resource Loading - Average Monthly Use......in csv format.

How will I get the same results?

Thanks!

-Pradip

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Pradip,

It is working with me. If you don’t mind, send me your .xer file to my email p3-fer@sixco.ae and I’ll show you how to do it. If you wish.

Thanks.

Arnold
Pradip MW
Yha! I tried wid various way but its showing all the activity list instead the Resource list unlike P3 output.
...?
Arnold Puy
Pradip,

One important thing, do not forget to put checked in “Show Time Intervals” from the Date Options of Post #2 Step #7.

Thanks.

Arnold
Arnold Puy
Hello Pradip,

From Post #2 Step #5 you need to modify the Columns based on your requirements, if you select “Columns” there is an

1. Available Options --> General --> Resource ID Name, anything else you need --> OK.
2. From Filter, you need to filter the resource, only what you required. Where “Resource ID Name” “is under” “Resource Value” then OK --> Next.
3. From Timescale, you can change the “Timescale Start & Finish” “Date Interval” and “Averaging” --> Calculate Average --> OK.
4. From Time Interval Fields --> Available Options --> Time Interval --> Units --> Budgeted Units --> OK --> Next.

From Step #3 above, naturally you need to calculate the average of your Manpower. Unlike in P3x it will give you automatically the average of your required manpower. Just keep on trying.

Regards,

Arnold
Pradip MW
Thanks Arnold,
I followed the procedure U told. I am not getting the results in My format,
I mean if we will follow "Tools>Tabular Reports>Resource>Loading>Resource Loading - Average Monthly Use......in csv format" this then we will get only the resource list.
Whereas this (the above procedure) is giving us the activity list
so if we want the the list of resource and in front of that per month peak or avg ( budgeted Units..? ) to plot the Histogram chart, What is the report format?

Pls guide me.

Thanks
Arnold Puy
Hi Pradip,

Try the following Steps:

1. Go to Reports
2. Create new reports -> Next
3. From Select Subject Area tick Time Distributed Data
4. Select Activity Resource and Role Assignments -> Next
5. From Configure Selected Subject Areas, There is Columns, Group & Sort & Filter
6. After Completing step #5 -> Next
7. From Date Options, Select Timescale -> Calculate Average then OK
8. From Date Options, Select Time Interval Fields -> Available Option -> Budgeted Units then OK -> Next
9. Rename the Report Title -> Next
10. Run Report or select Next
11. Save Report -> Finish

From the right corner select RUN select ASCII then OK, this will open in Excel .csv format.

Regards,

Arnold