Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

bill of material

5 replies [Last post]
Syed Shahzad Huss...
User offline. Last seen 17 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
SIR,

How we can enter Bill of Material in P3.

SHAH

Replies

Jose Frade
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Just to ilustrate a little bit better my thinking:
PIPING - Normaly I never plan a deeper level then isometric:
So imagine an activity ISO Prefrabrication Line XXXXXX

Now the BOM
21,2 m Pipe seamless 10" P22 ASME 36.10
2 Un Elbow 10" LR BW P22
1 un Red Tee BW 10/6" P22
2.3 m Pipe Seamless 6" P22
1 Un Elbow 6" LR BW P22

And linking now with a FS the erection of this line with the following BOM

6 Supports type X 10 "
1 Valve 6" Globe kkkkkk
+ materials fabricated.

Question: What do U want to achieve with BOM’s ?
With this example about piping What would be the outcome beneficial for project planning?

Then note: U have this BOM once Detail design for piping is finished for a certain line. U need to have a plan for the project at the begin with just a litle of Basic design.

An example for steel structure would be even more worse with HEB profiles, xxx profiles, plates, bolts, nuts, etc.

Project planning # Work preparation # invoicing quantities even though they comunicate each other.

BR
JMFrade
ashraf alawady
User offline. Last seen 9 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Agreed, use the cost catagory.
Tariq Usman
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline
hi shahzad,

you can do this by using the resource catagory where you will find all the options.

tariq

Jose Frade
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,

Depending on the discipline it can be quite a job to include it in P3 - also depending on the project size.

If referring to piping, Structural steel, Electrical, I&C, better to use a database (any) cause data manipulation will be enormeous that U will not have any time for the planning (revisions, field change notes, additionals, etc) - of course I’m thinking in Tones of piping, Kilometers of cables, hundreds 9at least) of instruments, valves etc - which U normaly have in Oil and gas works.

BR
JMFrade
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Syed,

You can enter this in the resource with cost categories materials. So for each activities you will assign the particular materials.

Cheers,

Charlie