Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

What makes a job opening an interisting one?

3 replies [Last post]
Jon Penney
User offline. Last seen 18 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
To all Planners!!

My name is Dan Lovis from Abraxas and I recruit planners in the UK and Europe for the top 5% of companies, (in sectors such as Nuclear, Petro-Chemical, Rail, Construction, Telecoms, Marine, Defence to name but a few).

What myself and colleague Graeme Hepper, are wondering is, what makes a job vacancy an interesting one? Is it the project that youll be planning for? Or is it where youll be in 12-18 months time?

dlovis@abraxas.com
ghepper@abraxas.com

Replies

George Hislop
User offline. Last seen 21 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
What makes a job posting interesting is the level of information supplied. On many web sites there is no client information, little information about conditions and type of project.
Too many sites have old information cluttering up the database which wastes time and effort.
Another problem is lack of back up information from agencies, when approached they do not have any additional information regarding rates, rotas, conditions and it is left to the prospective planner to extract this information by posing the right questions.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
To Abraxus. A good job requirement is a genuine requirement with far too many agencies advertising roles that do not actually exist and also advertise the job on their own sites far too many times.
If an agent is an experienced Planning recruiter then they should not need to ask these kind of quesions surely? As they will know what will be of interest to the Planners.

BR
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Personally, I believe young planners would give priority to the kind of project as they are eager to get good working experience in various construction projects as much as possible.