Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Custom Data Item

4 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi guys,

Anybody can help for me about Primavera custom data item,I want to import a data to Resource custom data item but i could not import i define already the name, type, length, description in custom data item difinition but still it not work,

Hope anyone can help me.

thanks...

Replies

Forum Guest
Thanks Paul for your reply again,I got already what is lacking on my import file I’m not iclude the resource name of my resource custom data,& so
I successfully import already my data,
Anyway thanks again for your tips & time...

Rey
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
Updating the data dictionary has nothing to do with importing, that function is used when you set up an ODBC link with Execl and not importing. I suggest that you read the Help file on Importing so you understand the process.

The process I have outlined does work, I have taught it to many people it and used it hundreds of times. I would suggest that you check your process, file names, file extensions, paths etc, in your Import form, you are probably making a typing mistake. Should you provide some indication of your problem like error messages or lack of them and when the process fails, this would help us help you.

You may try changing the data in the export file and re import, if this does not work then you probably do not have your import data correct.

Regards

Paul E Harris
www.eh.com.au
Forum Guest
Thanks Paul for your reply & suggestion,

I try already that before the one you said, I update the resource custom data item & assign a dummy res then export to excel then make some dbf format in excel defining also the cell range of data base, I’ll also update the data dictionary in P3,But still when i import my dbf file to P3 the result is till but theres any comment in Primavera look that import is unsuccessful, so Guys is any furher suggestion on this matter....

thanks in advance...
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
I suggest that you create your resource CDI, add one piece of dummy information and export this file. This will ensure you have the correct data headings in your import file.

Open the file and add the remainder of your data to the file that has been exported and delete the columns you do not want to import.

Save and import. If you are using dbf format and editing with Excel then make sure that you include all the data in the named range "Database".

Regards

Paul E Harris
www.eh.com.au