Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera running slow, for example when I delete activities it take 1.5 minutes even on small project

1 reply [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 week 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Primavera running slow, for example when I delete activities it take 1.5 minutes even on small project.  It is the only program that is that laggy or slow.  I have used system utility programs in the fast and generally find them pretty dangerous - so I think it would be good if I find out what in particular effects P6 the most.  

Replies

Ozan Turkyilmaz
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

I have similar problem with my standalone installation. I use SQLite and I have 81 projects in the database so far.

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 9 hours 40 min ago. Offline

John,

Which database, and where is it (eg, SQLlite on my hard disk)

How much data - no of projects, number of activities, number of UDFs

Is this all of a sudden, or has performance been gradually getting worse?