Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Effect of a Crew on Productivity

2 replies [Last post]
Ahmad AbdRabou
User offline. Last seen 1 year 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I've multiple crews working on the same activity type, but diferent buildings.

Assume the are steel fixers and the overall productivity is 100kg/day for today, and by simple analysis, I found that 50% of crews (Group A) produced 150kg/day and the other 50% of the crews (Group B) produced 50kg/day.

Is it correct to say that Group B reduced the overall productivity by 30% ?

What is the mathematical bases for such calculation? because I want to expand the analysis.

Thanks,

Ahmad.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 44 min ago. Offline

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 15 hours 44 min ago. Offline
  • Activity duration is a function of assigned resources and their production rates.
  • Individual resource productivity is not the same as team productivity. The production rate for a crew of 2 steel fixers is usually twice the production rate for a crew of 1 steel fixer but it can be other factor.
  • The production average production rate is a function of crew production rate, crew assgment and crew work hours.
  • If using Spider Project we can assign production rate at the activity level or at individual resources. Spider Project Production Type activityes, Multiresources as a Skill and resource leveling will automatically select best available crew and adjust activity durations per crew production rate.

2022-06-12-13-21-25-Activity-Gantt-Team-Productivity-01-1-Team-Productivity-01 hoover the thumbnail and click for a better view.

Good Luck.