Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Forecast Schedule

4 replies [Last post]
Smoke Manibo
User offline. Last seen 1 year 39 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Sirs,

I would like to ask favor/ help for making the Forecast Schedule.

Currently, I already completed the update on our Baseline Schedule to the current cut-off last 24.04.2020.

After I run it , the outcome appears to be a -166 float. With this apprecfiate your help to solve this as my client is already asking.

Thank you

Regards,

Smoke

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 20 hours ago. Offline
Hi. The issue is due to out of sequence. Trace the predecessors of predecessors of predecessors of activities that slips beyond project baseline completion date.
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

1. do as Raymund suggest

2 .filter for any selected filter

and select both the 3rd and 4th ones in the list 

has start constraint

has finish constraint

these are activities with hard constraint dates if you do not need them remove them

3. filter for remaining durations over 20 days you could have made a typo in the remaing durations.

Smoke Manibo
User offline. Last seen 1 year 39 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks for your response.

Actually I already done that and no negative float appears. One thing is that the forecast dates are now way beyond the original project completiion dates. As I trying to change the dates of some activities some are not moving even I have chnage the relationship or changing the lag.

Thanks

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 20 hours ago. Offline

Hi,

As I understand from you, you want to get rid of the Negative Float (-166).

In the Projects Pane:

1. Select the Project
2. In the Project Details, Select Dates
3. Clear the Date shown in the "Must Finish By"

Or In the Activity Pane:

1. Trace the Activities with -166 Total Float and Clear the assigned Contraints.

Hope this will help