Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Man hours in oil and gas industry

1 reply [Last post]
bryc ali
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

I always use a manhours in my job (oil and gas) with budget in manhours and lot of things in relation with it,but i always ask in my mind a question,why we use Manhour unit in the planning ?

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Simply because you don't want to reveal costs. More man-hours mean more costs and perhaps more profits. Or perhaps "man-hours" is one of the many ways in hiding profits. You can also use volume or quantity of works, but you must end up with a common unit in order to summarize or capture WBS or hierarchical lines. Therefore, you will need man-hours or currencies as common unit. Wondering why "physical percent complete" do not summarize by itself in a software?