Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Man hours in oil and gas industry

1 reply [Last post]
bryc ali
User offline. Last seen 1 year 29 weeks ago. Offline

I always use a manhours in my job (oil and gas) with budget in manhours and lot of things in relation with it,but i always ask in my mind a question,why we use Manhour unit in the planning ?

Replies

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Simply because you don't want to reveal costs. More man-hours mean more costs and perhaps more profits. Or perhaps "man-hours" is one of the many ways in hiding profits. You can also use volume or quantity of works, but you must end up with a common unit in order to summarize or capture WBS or hierarchical lines. Therefore, you will need man-hours or currencies as common unit. Wondering why "physical percent complete" do not summarize by itself in a software?