Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tender Schedule Narrative

1 reply [Last post]
Sachin Martin
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi All I Would like to include a narrative of my schedule with the tender schedule. I am wondering if any of you would be able to point me to a sample tender schedule. Also it would be great to hear tips and best practise you follow whilst preparing and submitting tender schedule. Thanks in advance Sachin Martin

Replies

Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi, Sachin.

This is not what you were looking for -- but I sincerely believe that,in general, adding computed drag totals for all critical path activities would render any schedule more credible and show that the person who prepared it is knowledgable of the most modern scheduling techniques.

I would actually take it one step further by showing Version 1 and Version 2: 

• Version 1 would be longer and display the drags, but show little or no optimization.
  • Version 2 would be shorter, showing the new drags and how the drags on Version 1 were used to optimize the schedule and produce the shorter one.

I can't think of a quicker or better way to demonstrate scheduling competence.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan

www.TotalProjectControl.com