Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tracking a Project With Budgeted Units

5 replies [Last post]
Ammar Tauqeer
User offline. Last seen 10 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Hello,

I want to track my project using Budgeted Units on Daily basis. What i want to do is that i want to enter the actual unit daily and want to have a histogram on daily Basis how can i do it. Any Suggesstions or help will be appreciated.

Regards

Ammar Tauqeer 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

create a resource

assign the resource to each activity

now you have your planned budget

now you can update the schedule with actuals weekly

if the activivity started but not finished put the actual start date and the actual units and the remining units. 

If the activity started and finished put the actual start date, the actual finish date and the actual units

if an activity has sarted and is delayed put the actual strta date and actual units and used the suspend and resume option under status

Ammar Tauqeer

Another Question

For Example in the Status tab, non-labour unit, there is a data field of budgeted Units,Actual Units,Remaining,At complete. My budgeted units are 50 and my activity is for 5 days.Now on day 1 I want to update the status by entering the data in actual units data field that machine works for 10 hours and same on with 2nd,3rd day but on the 4th day it works for 5 hours and also for the 5th day.So it will use another day I want to show that an activity can be delayed by this to 6 days. is this Possible?

Ammar Tauqeer

Thanks Another Question is i want to track my project and activity get delayed how would i enter it ? i m chossing Updated Progress option it just updates all the activities in that date i want to delay some activities in that date due to some cirumstances ? How can i do it?

Secondly if my Budgeted units/time are not being achieved daily, i want to make a daily impact of this on my schedule is this Possible?

Ammar Tauqeer

Thanks Another Question is i want to track my project and activity get delayed how would i enter it ? i m chossing Updated Progress option it just updates all the activities in that date i want to delay some activities in that date due to some cirumstances ? How can i do it?

Secondly if my Budgeted units/time are not being achieved daily, i want to make a daily impact of this on my schedule is this Possible?

Alain De leon
User offline. Last seen 7 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

go to resource usage profile, right click resource usage profile worksheet and g profile option, marked actual and budgeted by date and cummulative to get your histogram in a specific resources, change your time scale to week/daily2.