Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Performance % Complete Vs Schedule % Complete from contractor point of view

2 replies [Last post]
haytham saad
User offline. Last seen 2 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

hi all,

i'm new in planning field i'll be having a lot of questions soon and i hope all of you to help me , tnxx

my question is what is more helpful for the contractor in monitoring progress ( Performance % Complete Vs Schedule % Complete ) and why ????

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 18 hours 41 min ago. Offline
Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Haytham

You can measure and monitor progress in many different options. Since you are new in planning, i suggest that you start with the following.

• Monitor progress in time. Check the Schedule Variance. This is the difference between the planned, the assigned baseline, and the actual progress.
  • Monitor progress in volume. Check the schedule % completion versus the performance % completion.  The schedule % completion is the planned progress and the performance is the actual achieved progress.

Regards Johannes