Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tracking the projects

No replies
Mohsin Waseem
User offline. Last seen 10 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I hope every one will be fine. I need some help form u guys , I am planning engineer in a plant services department which deals with oil and gas , petrochemical plant turnarounds. We do turnarounds which merely have 15 to 20 days. My organization is interested in cummulative progress of the day. What we do , we plan , load resources , distribute them on 20 days (Bell shape) and start tracking by exporting the manhours to excel and than create S curve.This is simple way of tracking  I wanted to track the projects via baselines in primavera p6.

a. Once i assgn the baseline , how can i track the progress ?After entering the manual entries , should i need to  schedule by applying actuals or by updating the schedule

b. Do i need to schedule everytime i update the porject ,so that i can have the finish date ?

c.If my actual work is not as per progress, e.g. i started the inspection of 2 vessels by giving them the finish to start relationship in basline, but in actual , it follows a start to start relationship..do i need to change the relationship while i am tracking the projects?

Regards 

Mohsin