Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Missing Row when P6 Exported to MS Project

2 replies [Last post]
Leonard Esber
User offline. Last seen 8 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear colleagues,

I'd exported a project from P6 R8.2 to MS Project, but the row from P6 that shows project name, total duration of project, start and projected finish date of project doesn't appears in MS Project format.

I look forward you could help me with this.  Thank you.

Regards.

Replies

Leonard Esber
User offline. Last seen 8 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thank you very much.  But this is what happened I did...from menu bar, I clicked TOOLS then OPTIONS then VIEW tab.  Under Outline options for '(project name)' I checked the box Show project summary tasks then the uppermost row appeared.

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 days ago. Offline

To Options, go to the Project Options and display the Project Summary bars, or add the bar by creating a summary bar.

Regards

Paul E Harris
BSc Hons, Certified Cost Engineer, PRINCE2 Practitioner
Managing Director and President
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Australia
www.eh.com.auwww.eastwoodharris.com, www.primaskills.com.au  and www.primavera.com.au
Project Control Consultants and Planning and scheduling software book and training material publishers