Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Level of Effort % Complete

2 replies [Last post]
Gord Taylor
User offline. Last seen 11 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hey Guys,

I have a question about Level of Effort. I am using P6 v8.2.

I am trying to get the level of effort to update the % complete as the linked activities are updated but can't seem to get it to work. I have reviewed the forum for similar topics and have tried everything relevant that I found. Setting % complete type, relationship types (SF, SS, FF...).

I built a new simple project with a LOE and with 3 assigned activities. I have tried linking in different orders, setting % complete type to Physical, Units & Duration. No matter what I do the LOE % complete (or activity, units or any other % complete type) will not change as activities are updated.  I also tried to create a start and finish mileston, linking the activities and the LOE back to those. Everything is manpower loaded with costs. What am I missing?

Thanks for feedback.

Replies

Barry Fullarton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

did you have any luck with the answers you have found, and have you managed to resolve the problem ?

Oluseun Oludiran
User offline. Last seen 7 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi Gord,

It is good to note that LOE activity would not drive successor activity and the %complete type is best set as Duration. Refer to Oracle Primavera P6 Project Management Reference Manual (page 188-192) for more information on LOE, Duration Type and % complete type

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Oluseun Oludiran.