Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

External Relationships in P6v8

No replies
Angel Lloren
User offline. Last seen 11 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Attention fellow Planners, I need help to fix our level 3 construction schedule development in P6. The situation is described below:

1) There is 3 project files involved as follows:

File 1: Current EP Schedule @ Production Node

File 2: Update/Back-up EP Schedule for Month April @ Update Node

File 3: Level 3 Const Dev't Schedule @ Development Node

NOTE: File 1 has the same activities/ activity ID's with File 2 (only different data date File 1 having the latest data date)

2) At present, File 3 has external relationships from File 2 as its predecessor

3) I need to change the File 3 external relationships from File 2 to File 1.

4) Is there a faster way to change each activities external relationships/ predecessors? not going through each activity one by one?

5) There must be a way to change the Project ID of my external relationships so it would shift to the latesr EP but I have no idea how to do this.

6) Need help badly, and thanks in advance.