Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

planning forum topic for other departments...

1 reply [Last post]
Rolando Rivera
User offline. Last seen 3 years 1 week ago. Offline
Our company have a sort of a weekly forum from every department. The topic should be anything that will be related to the departments work or structure, etc.

Last time, i was able to discuss about how the planning was developed, the progress, blah, blah, blah. Now it seems i can’t think of anymore topic to discuss?

Can anyone would like to share any topics/ideas that might be interesting to discuss with everybody in the office which relates to project controls and planning?

I will highly appreciate if someone could share their powerpoint presentations which been made for planning discussion or forums.

Thanks!

Gary Rivera

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 6 hours ago. Offline
Dear Rolando,

Very good question. I would recommend that you work on two issues;

1. Mapping you company activities according to international standards like PMBOK. You can take the Planning group which is 20 processes (take a process each week) that will cover you with ideas from 20 weeks).

2. Upgrading your management procedures to achieve the company goals. You can start out with a simple ISO system and move toward a more detailed Six Sigma system; Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standarize, Sustain. This should cover you with ideas for the remaining weeks of the year.

With kind regards,

Samer