Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

planning forum topic for other departments...

1 reply [Last post]
Rolando Rivera
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Our company have a sort of a weekly forum from every department. The topic should be anything that will be related to the departments work or structure, etc.

Last time, i was able to discuss about how the planning was developed, the progress, blah, blah, blah. Now it seems i can’t think of anymore topic to discuss?

Can anyone would like to share any topics/ideas that might be interesting to discuss with everybody in the office which relates to project controls and planning?

I will highly appreciate if someone could share their powerpoint presentations which been made for planning discussion or forums.

Thanks!

Gary Rivera

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Rolando,

Very good question. I would recommend that you work on two issues;

1. Mapping you company activities according to international standards like PMBOK. You can take the Planning group which is 20 processes (take a process each week) that will cover you with ideas from 20 weeks).

2. Upgrading your management procedures to achieve the company goals. You can start out with a simple ISO system and move toward a more detailed Six Sigma system; Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standarize, Sustain. This should cover you with ideas for the remaining weeks of the year.

With kind regards,

Samer