Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Current Prevailing Salaries for Planning Engineers

18 replies [Last post]
Prabhu Chakravart...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi ,
Any one could provide the Current Basic Salary Offered for the Planning Engineer depending on the Experiance ,

(Location : Saudi Arabia )

1. 0 Years Plannign Engineer Trainee - ?
2. 1-2 Years Experienced - ?
3. 2-4 Years Experienced - ?
4. 5 Years & Above Experienced - ?

Since we are putting a request to upgrade the Current salary Levels , Hence needed to know the prevailing Market Offering ,

Thanks in Advance ,

Best Regards

Prabhu Chakravarthy

Replies

Violetta Irene G.
User offline. Last seen 12 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Any one interested to work in Saudi Arabia as Senior Planning engineer, kindly send us your updated resume at s.berekat@hak-arch.com and we are providing a very good compensation and benefits to our employees.

Thanks!

Johnny Wee
User offline. Last seen 6 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
for junior joined the uae company 0 yrs - AED 6-8T

for planners 1year up experience UAE - AED 14-18T

for senior planners AED 20-30T

for planning managers AED 35T up

just as per what i asked and some other planners i know
Abhijit Kale
User offline. Last seen 5 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ravi,

What is the normal trend in UAE for salaries of Planning engineers.
Please let us know, wo evry body gets wiser at the time of signing the contract.

Cheers,
Abhi
Prabhu Chakravart...
Hi ,

The Welding Inspector is earning Minimum 10,000 /- Sar as Basic + Over time + Food & on , but no family staus ,

Theese are the current prevailing figures in the Market ,

However as Abhijith said , Manpower agencies will be earning more than what the Candidate earns ,

Regards

Prabhu Chakravarthy
Abhijit Kale
hi Prabhu,
For planners with more than 5 years of experiance general range is between SAR 50- SAR100 per hour.
But manpower agent may be earning @ 150/200 SAR per hour or even more than that for the planner supplied to companies like Aramco.

cheers,
Abhi
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Prabhu,

I am sorry I don’t have any idea with regards to Welding Inspector. I called one of my former colleague in Saudi Aramco but unfortunately, he doesn’t have any idea.

Regards,

Arnold
Prabhu Chakravart...
Hi Arnold ,
Regarding the Aramco & Sabic thery are not Hiring Directly , but through Manpower ,

But the Level has changed ,

Okay let me ask you one more thing ............

What would be the salary Range of a Welding Inspector ? who is through Manpower working on Aramco Projects ,

My Friends are working and Getting Handsome , and I am sure we Planning Engineers are not less than their importance ,

Expecting your Answer ASAP ,

Regards

Prabhu Chakravarthy
Ferdinand Fincale...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Carlito,

You said it very well. Most often race and color makes the difference. Anyway, there are still companies that don’t mind about it and are fully giving what is due to their employee and you’ll be a lucky one to belong to them.

Cheers,
Ferdinand
Carlito Ogoy
User offline. Last seen 3 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Sometimes salaries also depend on what industry you are in. For example, in a common construction industry, a >5 yrs experience planners can have around US$ 3-5k per month. But in the oil & gas industry, the same planner can earn as much as twice even if you are based onshore. Another factor is the site location. Sometimes companies having remote project sites offer additional 30-40% of your base. I also agree with Arnold - sometimes it also depends on your nationality. Planners with the same level of experience can have different salaries due to their passports. Won’t you agree?
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Guys,

I’ve been working in Saudi Arabia for 7 years as Planning Engineer & became Senior Planner. 2 years in Private Company & 5 years in Saudi Aramco.

ARAMCO is not hiring directly, they are just getting manpower from some other consulting company or manpower supply company. However, the salary is not that much.

Saudi is not giving high salary due to standard of living as well as depending in the Nationality. In Saudi Arabia, you can rent One Flat 3 Bedrooms with complete facilities for only 25k to 30k for one year located in the heart of the city.

Frankly speaking, I met a lot of Planners and they are all complaining in terms of salary. They are just receiving S.R. 3500 to 5000 per month working in Private Company (No need to mention) and these companies are LLC & LTD.

Some of the Planners applied for exit or resignation, because this is the only way to oblige the Company to give the additional salary augmentation.

A lot of stories you can hear from our colleagues if you have been in Saudi.

Regards.

Arnold
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
But even, this is too less!!
Abhijit Kale
yeah thats correct for Aramco thats the range
cheers,
abhi
Prabhu Chakravart...
Hi Mr. Abhijith ,
Thanks for the info ,

The Values what you gave is more or Less Matching with reality ,

Also one of My friend gave me an info that the Manpower Agencies of Sabic & Aramco they are paying Minimum 12K for the Planning PPL more than 2-3 Years Experiance ,

Best Regards

Prabhu Chakravarthy

Abhijit Kale
Hi Prabhu,

Dont believe charles, what ever he has provided is not correct.
In KSA salaries start from 5000 SAr for fressher say 0-1 yr exp.
For people say 2-4 yrs exp 8-10K.
More than 5 yrs exp, depends upon negotiations.

For local companies salaries are less, MNC’s pay pretty good.
Also if you compare the cost of living between UAE n KSA, in Saudi u need only 1/3rd of amount what you need in UAE as a living expenses.
Eg 1 BHK apartment in UAE @ 6000Dirhams PM, Saudi 1 BHK u ll get @ 1000-2000 SAR very easily.

Cheers,
Abhi
Ferdinand Fincale...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Charleston,

May I please ask regarding the prevailing price of the Planning profession here in UAE? Simply figures on the top of your head. Thanks.

Ferdinand
Prabhu Chakravart...
Hi Mr. Charleston ,

Thanks for the info , also i agree with Mr. Raviraj said if that will be the salary Levels ,

By the way Mr. Charleston are you working here in KSA , if so which region , Just wanted to know .......

Best Regards

Prabhu Chakravarthy
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
That’s too less....

For a 5 years experince guy only 5000SAR

I dont think, anybody can survive with this salary in KSA ..........or in other words with this salary there is no point in working in KSA.
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Since you are in KSA???

1. 0 Years Plannign Engineer Trainee - ? = 1,500SAR
2. 1-2 Years Experienced - ? 2,000SAR
3. 2-4 Years Experienced - ? 4,000SAR
4. 5 Years & Above Experienced - ? 5,000SAR & above based on the years of experience

Of course if you are working in UAE then it will be different ???