Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

please suggest links to planning sites / resources

16 replies [Last post]
pmkb .
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’ve started a directory of web sites that offer something useful to project planners: project-planning.info. Please help me by either submitting sites directly to the directory (it’s free) or suggesting sites here in this thread (please explain why you find the site useful).

Thanks!

Stacy
Participate in the Project Management Knowledge Base

Replies

Helen Hackwell
User offline. Last seen 16 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Good site for production planning information:

http://www.productionplanning.com
pmkb .
Thanks guys. The directory is growing nicely now. I hope you all find it to be a useful resource. :)

Stacy
Project Management Knowledge Base
Project Planning Info
alvin wee
User offline. Last seen 16 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
I thin this is not bad for planning and project management resources!!!!

http://www.plannerlife.info
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
UTILITIES:

MPX2000 is an applet designed to convert .MPP files to .MPX, using Microsoft Project 2000. In order to use this applet, you must have Microsoft Project 2000 installed on the machine which you wish to install MPX2000.

This tool is designed for North American versions of Microsoft Project 2000 only. Below is the link:

http://www.sciforma.com/DownloadImages/MPX2KSetup.exe

Cheers,

Raviraj
pmkb .
Thanks guys. We’ve added NICMAR and most of the suggestions offered so far.

We’ll keep expanding and growing the categories as necessary to accommodate suggestions. Please keep them coming.

Stacy
Project Planning Info
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Raviraj,

this is not just begineers.. only but its also good for the engineers who have forgotten their work at his or hers past time.

regards
A D
Stacy,

U can also add on details of courses available in the market for PLANNERS, especially for beginners.

U can include details of best colleges offering planning courses round the globe.

To start with you can include NICMAR from India (National Institute of Construction Management And Research, Pune, India) www.nicmar.org - A premier Institute for Construction Management in India
A D
PMBK,

U can find pervasive drivers at the following address:

ftp://suppsaleserver.primavera.com/odbc/

There must be few more utilities OR ELSE you can add them under TRICKS OF THE TRADE sections.

Cheers,

Raviraj
pmkb .
@Raviraj - It would be easier to add a utilities section if I had at least one item to list there. Do you have any reference for a website offering the ODBC drivers or other utilities? I’ll search around and see what I can find.

@Ghassan & Chris - I had intended for this directory to really be specific to the needs of planners and schedulers and not be just another list of project management sites (they are everywhere it seems). I’ll go through your suggestions and see if they have content specifically for planners/schedulers and not aimed just at managers.

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions! Please keep them coming. :)

Stacy
Project Planning Info
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Stacy,

You’ve probably got a lot of these already, but what I’ve listed below are links which I have found useful.

Ron Winter Consulting - I’ve found his published articles to be interesting, accurate and informative.

Planning Engineers Organisation - Speaks for itself really.

Department for Education and Skills Programme and Project Management - Good basic information, easy to use, easy to follow.

Office of Government Commerce - Useful information on Programme and Project Management.

Welcome to the PRINCE2 Website - Contains all the information you ever wanted (and probably a load you didn’t) about PRINCE2.

- Project Management Organisation, British affiliate of the IPMA.

E-Programme - Dedicated to the promotion, discussion and exchange of information relating to the field of Programme Management.

Project Management Institute - Project Management Organisation.

International Project Management Association - The world’s oldest project management organisation.

Project Manager Today - Online Project Management Magazine.

PROJECTmagazine - Project Management Resources Magazine.

PROJECTSMART - Online magazine dedicated to practical project management.

Project Management KnowledgeBase - An on-line resource which claims to hold the web’s most extensive free project management library.

Hope this is useful.

Chris Oggham
Ghassan Zihri
User offline. Last seen 9 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

I have added two links to the "articles" category:
1- free online management library;
2- free online magazine related to project management.

I would suggest structuring the articles’ links database by type of reference (ebooks, articles, tutorials, presentations, manuals…) and/or by professional category (planning, risk management, cost control…).

Regards,
ghassan
A D
Hi Stacy,

In the software directory sections, there’s a list of PM softwares, Excel Outlook and others. But, if you can just add on a separate list of UTILITIES required for different softwares, then it will be much better.

e.g. We require ODBC Driver for database linking of P3 with MS Access or MS Excel. If you can put on those, it will be of much use for those whom you are intending to target for.

Hope you got it, what I mean to say!!

Cheers,

Raviraj A Bhedase
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
PMKB,
its the best post thread, so i mark the thread it here for further info.
pmkb .
Thanks. We’ve added Eastwood Harris under the Training category.

We’ve added a bunch of resources to the directory since my initial post. Please keep your suggestions coming.

Stacy
Project Planning Info
A D
You can add website of our very own PAUL HARRIS.

http://www.eh.com.au/

Most useful for PE’s
Ghassan Zihri
User offline. Last seen 9 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
very interesting