Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Ceramic Wall Cladding Mech. Sys.

2 replies [Last post]
Amr Diab
User offline. Last seen 7 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All

As the client in my project requested to modify the external wall of the building (Elevations) from paint to Ceramic/stone cladding using mechanical system...
If anybody has a previous experience in this subject please provide me with the activities that should be included as well as the manhour rate.
Or if u have a p3 model please send to me by mail so I can have an idea.
Appreciate your help

Thanks

Diab

Replies

Amr Diab
User offline. Last seen 7 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thank you so much Matthew for your help
Matthew Edwards
User offline. Last seen 16 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Amr

From my experience mechanically fixed stone cladding ( pre-cut sandstone ) output rate is 12-16m2 per day on straight runs. Obviously this would slow down on corners and rebates. The sequence is :-

1)Erect Scaffold & Block & Tackle
2)Drill ,mechanical fixings ( incl. all 1st fix activities such as CCTV )into concrete. ( Sometimes unistrut can be used as a structural support if the panels are horizontal )
3)Insulation - if required
4)Erect stone cladding panels.
5)Polish
6)Snag / Desnag
7)Strike Scaffold

The procurement lead-in for stone can be quite long for different types of stone so just be wary of that and mock-up requirements from the client, toleranaces etc.