Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

international standards

8 replies [Last post]
Robin Jongen
User offline. Last seen 16 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can any body tell me if there are international standards for scheduling where I can refer to?

Replies

Colin Cropley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
I also looked up the referenced website and was able to download the Extension of Time protocol document, as well as a spreadsheet for overheads calculation, after being emailed a username and password.
Robin Jongen
I have looked at www.eotprotocool.com and can't find the page you refer to. Please advise? Regards, Robin Jongen
Clive Holloway
User offline. Last seen 8 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Other than the British Standards quoted in the other replies to your topic, I do not think that there is any. However, the EOT protocol currently being developed by the SCL (The Society of Construction Law) is hoped to at least to provide guidelines and if not a standard procedure. Go to the web site www.eotprotocol.com and have a look.
Han Pekelharing
User offline. Last seen 12 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
The available British standards on Project planning are: BS4335 and BS 6046 , both unfortunately withdrawn at this moment and replaced by the BS6079:2:2000. This standard is also enclosed in the electronic BS book : EP203. More info on the British Standard online website,www.bsi-global.com I hope this helps you out.
Mohd Mahd
User offline. Last seen 16 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
can u please lets know how to reach them? if ther's any chance to get a copy? or purchase them? thanks in advance mohd
Robin Jongen
Can you please sent me a copy of these magazines an conference references. Already thanks.
Han Pekelharing
User offline. Last seen 12 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
In the past , 80's there were British Standards on Project Planning as part of a BS on Project management. I've searched for them, but they appear to be withdrawn now. There has been an american standard called CSCSC or something like that which is used by the US Defense for cost scheduling standards. Further to this i think there are some norwegian standard procedures for planning levels set up by the major oil companies like Nork Hydro /Statoil.
Colin Cropley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
I think the answer is "No". I tried to find any standards applicable to Levels of Schedules (eg, what is a Level 1 Schedule, or a Level 3 Schedule) I asked the question of the Project Management Institute (of which I am a member) and they sent me some magazine and conference references, but there were no standards.