Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Masonry - Brick Block Programmes

2 replies [Last post]
James Young
User offline. Last seen 12 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,

I need to produce a detailed Brick & Block work Programme, i havent had much to do with brick laying before so i need a point in the right direction if possible?

i.e What activities to include, do i build the face bricks with the block work etc?

i would appriciate if some one could help.

Many thanks,

James

Replies

Maxwell Maxwell
User offline. Last seen 5 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

Please can anyone tell me how to read constriction drawings and specification to produce a programme? I seriously need help understanding how this is done because am new to planning. 

Many thanks.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi James

It depends entirely on the nature of the structure.

If the brickwork is load bearing then it will follow the foundation base up to the floor structure - stop until the floor is fixed - and then restart.

If it is a surface cladding then it will follow the steel or concrete structure after the structure has progressed far enough to allow safe working under safety fans.

A brick amd block cavity wall will go up both leaves together one "LIFT" at a time - a "LIFT" is the comfortatble work height - say 1.5m - before the scaffolding has to be raised for the next lift.

A common system today is to put in a steel + weather board panel as the inside skin (metsec or similar) fixed from the inside as the structure rises. The brick cladding then goes up as and when convenient - again in "LIFTS".

Don’t forget the internal partitions and also gable walls and chimneys which go up after roof trusses so that they can be cut to line.

If you are using standard book outputs for your resource modelling remember to add for basic labours such as - cavity insulation - lintols - head restraints - DPC etc etc.

Best regards

Mike Testro