Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

delay analysis

5 replies [Last post]
KONESH SRIDARAN
User offline. Last seen 17 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I use power project for planning. For reporting purposes we simply use dropline and count delayed critical activity from drop line date to evaluate project delays. Thats mean that we dont revise the programmes as our projects are generlly small (30 - 60 wks) and we usually finish them on time and our prelims doesn’t allow enough time to spend on each project etc. However there were number of occasion where we had to do as built analysis and our present method doesn’t help us to do this? What is the best way to analyse delays any suggestions?

Replies

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
I use an Excel file to do this analysis. It works like a Risk Analysis an the informations comes from the time schedulle.

Regards.
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Konesh

Apart from stated herein, below given is the link which may helpful in your future reference:

http://www.scl.org.uk/publications.php
KONESH SRIDARAN
User offline. Last seen 17 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. your suggestion is aligning with my thoughts however the problem is visiting sites and update the programme.I guess we need to allocate more planning time in the prelims at tender stage.
Andrew Flowerdew
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
KONESH,

Time Impact Analysis during the project is always recommended.

As I’m assuming they’re probably quite simple programmes and of short duration, it wouldn’t take a huge amount of effort to update you programme on say a fortnightly basis.
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 days ago. Offline
AACEI have a number of good papers, but you have to be a member to down load them.

http://www.aacei.org

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au