Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Which P6 version/release do you use now?

No replies
Alex Lyaschenko
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Is anyone updating Primavera to the latest release?

Organisations I am working with typically use a 3-5-year-old Primavera version.   

Even when an upgrade is considered usually organisations don't feel comfortable upgrade P6 to the latest release. Is it a typical situation? 

Which version/release do you use now?

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 23 min ago. Offline
Groups: None
From a pool of about 40 clients I have supported in the last 10 years, I am actively engaged with about three at any one time, largely for upgrade, migration, and integration issues. P6 in any iteration other than the fairly awful ‘P6 Cloud’ (any actual users out there?) is end of life. Some would argue (me included) that started when Oracle bought Primavera. There are some minor enhancements as you progress through the versions. These are sometimes worth having. I was surprised and delighted when, after 20 years, automatic row height based on content now works. Of course, there are bug fixes, which are almost all associated with the ever-changing Web interface, for whom I have no clients. The rule has always been if isn’t broken, don’t fix it.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 2 days 22 hours ago. Offline

The latest release is P6 version 23.10. If your organization is using the cloud or EPPM version, the Oracle team managing the cloud keeps their clients updated. For those using the professional version, the organization's IT team, responsible for maintaining the license, should ensure they stay updated; otherwise, it will not update automatically. It's a good practice to have the latest version as it resolves bugs reported within the Oracle community, including additional functions and more.