Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Assignment table copy and paste in Excel

No replies
Jean Desjardins
User offline. Last seen 33 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I'm trying to copy the resource assignment table and paste it in Excel.

I have divided the labor units by the number of units per period in order to show the number of resources required.

Meanwhile, when pasting in Excel, the labor units are pasted instead of the number of resource.

It seems to copy the database itself instead of what is displayed.

Does anyone know how to extract the number of resources from the resource assignment table?

Thanks 

Jean Desjardins
User offline. Last seen 33 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Thank you all for the help!

Behrouz Lotfinia
User offline. Last seen 1 year 8 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Everybody,

I want to import my resource sheet from excel to P6. 

I made a sample file in p6.Then I exported it to excel. after that I added my resources below it with same format.I imported it back to p6 successfully, but when I come back to resource sheet, They are not added to my resource sheet. Could you please advise me about it?

Thanks,

Behrouz Lotfinia

Hi Everybody,

I made a sample file in p6.Then I exported it to excel. after that I added my resources below it with same format.I imported it back to p6 successfully, but when I come back to resource sheet, They are not added to my resource sheet. Could you please advise me about it?

Thanks,

Behrouz Lotfinia

Hi Everybody,

Thanks,

Behrouz Lotfinia

Hi Everybody,

Thanks,

Behrouz Lotfinia

Hi Everybody,

Thanks,

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 9 hours 26 min ago. Offline

My advice is not to use copy/paste at all.

Export the resource assignments using the tabular report wizard, but include the resource calendar for each resource. Then you can use excel to divide the resource quantitis by a factor determined by each resource's  calendar.

You also have a script to do it again with very few keystokes.

Email me if you want detailed instructions

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 3 days 16 hours ago. Offline

Hi Jean,

That is correct. You can copy paste the unit but not the WYSWYG (using calculate average function).

If you wish to extract the number of resources required you have two (2) options:
Option 1: Run a timescale report output to *.csv file which can be open on excel
Option 2: Copy and paste the unit into excel and use formula to calculate the number of resource (i.e. units/40hrs/week)