Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Restore P6 Pro Standalone (SQLite)

4 replies [Last post]
Rana Ahmad Raza
User offline. Last seen 5 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Members,

I've P-6 file name as "PPMDBSQLite". This is only file as primavera database of all my projects. I want to access them on another PC. Could I access them? What should be the way to upload?

I'm worried about this because this is only backup file, I've from my previous computer. I need this because all projects are in this.

Your comments/suggestions / solutions will be appreciated.

Kindly,

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 2 hours ago. Offline

Steven you are correct MSSQLthanks for catching this 

Steven Auld
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline
For SQLite, Santosh is correct - find the file on your computer, copy to either a network drive or USB stick etc.
On the new location, when you open the login page, select add to add the new database, you can now select the existing database from there.
Make sure you select SQLite as database type.
The process Zoltan refers to is for MSSQL installations not SQLite.
Regards,
Steven
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 2 hours ago. Offline

you can go into MSSQL and select backup and back it up to a thumb drive or somewhere and then on the new computer go into MSSQL and select restore and restore the database 

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

As its SQLite , that single file, is an entire P6 database. You can copy and rename it and you've replicated your entire database. If you want to move it to another PC, simply copy it and then point your new P6 client to the copied SQLite file.