Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Training

4 replies [Last post]
Shamim Asadi
User offline. Last seen 15 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could assist me in finding a good primavera course.

I am an advanced user of MS project, by an advanced user, I mean I know all about planning and scheduling best practices, I understand project controls concepts ie CPM, PERT, EVM etc. and I can use MS project with my eyes closed.

But, I am new to Primavera and I need to get my head around it very quickly and was wondering if anyone here can help as I can't really afford to waste any time at this stage. 

so far, I have shortlisted this one  https://www.planacademy.com/join-planacademy/  any thoughts?

I greatly appreciate your time and assistance 

Cheers

Shamim

Replies

troon sigma
User offline. Last seen 2 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

paln academy is the way to go 

Shamim Asadi
User offline. Last seen 15 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Anoon, 

I don't use EVM features in MSP, what I was trying to say was I understand the project controls concepts and don't need training on the theory.

I have been using MSP for years and I am quite comfortable with it. However, at this point in time, I need to find my way around primavera fast. 

I ended up going for the Plan Academy course and I can say that I am very happy with my decision. I probably could have learned it for free searching the net. But I needed something structured because I don't have much time.

once I am comfortable with primavera and if I ended up using the EVM, then sure I will let you know what/if I find any differences.

Cheers 

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Shamim, How do you exactly do EVM using MS Project? Can you kindly elaborate the step-by-step procedures? I supposed this might be different when using Primavera (as you were looking for a course in primavera). What if you found big differences (or otherwise), will you consider ditching MSP (or otherwise as well)?