Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

EOT claim

1 reply [Last post]
Gowhar Mir
User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi there!

I wanted to ask you planners out there, how to make an EOT claim in primavera? I have collected all the information about events and everything. I wanted to know how to present that in the program? I mean suppose an event that is delaying the project takes place on 20th July, which update to use? One after the event to show the impact or before it to forecast the impact? Also, what baseline to use? The approved baseline or we need to convert the prog into its baseline. Latter will show the exact delay, former may create issues for activities that are in progress.

Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

insert the delay as a new actviity into the CURRENT schedule that was in effect during the time of he delay. Make sure the successor is the activity that has been delayed. If there is a predecessor then assign the predecessor if not use a constraint date or an actual date to tie the front end of the activity. Make the activity name in ALL CAPS so that it stands out make sure to include the work DELAY in the activity description. Also create a new activity code you can call it DELAYS and give it a code value of July18. Then assign this code vlaue to the delay activity and its predecessor and immediate successor. 

You can use this technique for future delays. Let's say you experience another delay is September then add the code value under the DELAYS code as Sep18

and so 

Make sure to include an Analysis in narrative format of what you have done to the schedule and how the delay has impacted the completion date. Make sure to state what type of delay it is (whos fault) and if it is a compensable or non compensable delay.